Since this is still Monday and I didn’t miss Monday this time around. I am sharing with you what I did over the weekend. I did continue organizing on Saturday and on Sunday like a good son I spent the afternoon having dinner with my mother, father and brother and celebrated my Mother on Mothers Day by calling her in the morning and wishing her a happy Mothers Day and spending time with her while also writing a special blog asking What Have you Done for your Mother Lately? The weekend is the time to catch up, celebrate life, explore adventures and spend time with family. But in order for you to gain a life extraordinary you have to do things that are extraordinary. So what does Extraordinary mean to you? Dictionary.com states:
1. beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular, or established: extraordinary costs.
2. exceptional in character, amount, extent, degree, etc.; noteworthy; remarkable: extraordinary speed;an extraordinary man.
But I believe that extraordinary is simply doing something that is beyond usual for you, beyond ordinary for you, and is exceptional in character to you or noteworthy to your life. So yes there are extraordinary people in this world, but your life can be extraordinary as well if it is beyond usual for what you do.
Just thought I would make sure you knew that your life can be extraordinary if you live your life outside of the Comfort Zone.
Les Adkins is the CEO of Orange SMS Consulting and an International Social Business Strategist, speaker, consultant and author. Bringing strategy and whole brain thinking to creative campaigns and social media through his work. Please follow @mysylbert and connect on LinkedIn Join us on FB and Google+ as well.
(Original Post – Posted on October 12, 2011)
Day 8 & 9 The Weekend! Prioritize for the Next Week!
So I am combining Day 8 & 9 as it was the weekend. October 8 & 9 Since I missed Monday all together. I figure I’d give you a 2 for 1 day article.
Day 8 (Saturday) Rest and time with family. Also Saturday is a good day to organize your office, re-visit your goals, and do something fun with your wife and kids if this is applicable. Otherwise if you are single go out and have fun!
Day 9 (Sunday) I found the best explanation of Sunday and something for you to remember for the week.
Sunday is also a good day for reflection, rest and quiet. At the end of the day it is a great time to get prepared for Monday.
- Make a list of contacts to make.
- Make a list of people to follow-up with.
- Get prepared for the upcoming week.
Special Note: How to Prepare A Prioritized Weekly Action List
Step 1. Identify high priority goals in the Weekly Action List.
- Of my long-range and intermediate, high priority goals, which should I work on this week?
- What projects will give the highest return for time invested?
- What projects will be the greatest threat to my survival or that of my company if I don’t do them?
- What projects does the boss or you consider most vital?
- Which items in my previous Weekly Action List should I work on this week? (What to carry over)?
- What do my goals and unifying principles suggest?
- What has not been considered that will help yield long-term significant results vs. short-term satisfaction.
-Adapted from Time Power, Charles Hobbs
Thanks for joining me on this 30 day journey! I look forward to hearing your results and sharing mine at the end of the 30 days.